Monday 18 December 2017

Bonus Activity.

Bonus Activity:

To this day, the people of New Zealand still use waka. Instead of using their waka to transport them from one place to another, they sometimes use waka in special events and in sports such as Waka Ama. Both boys and girls compete in Waka Ama boat races. Watch this short video of a Waka AMA race. On your blog tell us you want to be in a Waka AMA race one day. Why or why not?

Answer: I would love to be in a Waka AMA race because, I would have more experience and know how to drive a waka. I love to try new things everyday. Today I learned how to ride a electric scooter.

Thanks for reading.

Blog Ya Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Washington,

    What awesome reasons to be in a Waka Ama race. I really like how you try new things everyday, like riding an electric scooter. How fun, was it hard to ride an electric scooter. I too like trying new things everyday and maybe one day I'll have the opportunity to race in a Waka Ama competition.

    Keep up the awesome work Washington,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Washington,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team! Great to see another activity completed.

    What a great response! I loved reading your posts. Good on you for facing challenges and giving new things a go! That’s a great mind-set to have!

    Waka Ama looks like a lot of fun but really intense too! I wonder how long each race is…

    Have you ever been in a Waka before? Or maybe a kayak?
    I have recently taking on kayaking as a sport, there’s a lot more to learn than I thought but I’m really enjoying it.

    Hope to hear from you soon,

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.