Monday 18 December 2017

My Fist Activity For Summer Learning Journey!

Activity:It is widely believed that the first people to arrive in New Zealand came from Polynesia. Most historians believe that they landed in New Zealand over 700 years ago. Although they were originally from many different countries, these settlers learned to live together and, eventually, formed their own distinct culture known as ‘Māori.’  Māori have their own language, traditions, and culture.



Answer: Today I learned that the first people to step on New Zealand were Polynesia. They Landed here 700 hundred years ago. These settlers learned to live and play together and formed a culture named Māori   That's AMAZING. The Three stories I heard about Maui Are:
1. Maui and his brothers slow the sun down together, so they have more sun light in day time.

2. Maui uncle's brother take's care of Maui, and when you grows up he looks for his mother.

3.Maui Brother's fell in love with these woman and became weak. But Maui Defeated the woman and saved his brothers.

Thanks for reading.

Blog Ya Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Washington,

    Wow, what an awesome way to start your Summer Learning Journey adventure. I really like how you introduced us to the first settlers and how the Maori culture was formed. Isn't this period of history interesting. I also find the myth about the legendary Maui fascinating. Where did you hear all of these stories. I have never heard about how Maui defeated the women in his brothers' lives. Can you tell me more about this story?

    I am excited to read more of your amazing posts. Keep up the amazing work.

    Have a lovely day,
    Megan from the Summer Learning Journey team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Washington

    My name is jolie and I go to Glen Innes school. I am also doing the Summer Learning Journey You're facts about Maui are one of a kind. I love you facts because they are very interesting and amazing. Have a great holiday talk to you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.